…Except on your wallet. The holiday season can sometimes be a season of stress due to high expectations, possible family drama, as well as worrying about getting the perfect gifts for your family and friends.
So, in order to help minimize your stress levels, our resident holiday guru, staffer Allie W., created a list of free or low-cost gift ideas, so you’ll have one less thing to worry about! Our hope is that you can spend a little less time stressing and more time enjoying the things you love with the people you love!
- Do a book exchange where you swap your favorite book
- Package holiday ingredients in a jar (ex: mason jar hot chocolate mix)
- Make and package a homemade sugar scrub
- Offer to housesit or babysit for that one family member who needs it
- Create a homemade cookbook to share your favorite recipes
- Bake your favorite cookies to package and share with your friends/family
- Frame your favorite picture of you and a loved one for a personal touch
- Do a sock exchange where you bring festive socks
- Do a game exchange where you swap your favorite childhood game
- Suggest a gift exchange game like “Dirty Santa” or “White Elephant” so you only have to worry about bringing one gift instead of several and you can set an amount, so nobody spends too much or too little.
From all of us at GPP, we wish you a very happy holiday season!Back to Blog